Electrik Red, How To Be A Lady Review


 Jazz Rants: 

So, my newest infatuation is Electrik Red! If you don’t know who these ladies are, they are a group, hand selected from the finest video hoes money could buy! And with The-Dream’s song writing and producing and background singing, and whatever else he can do to get most of the credit and money this Certified Silver album, How To Be A Lady will get, THIS IS A SUMMER MUST HAVE for all ladies!

Okay,  I don’t want you to think this article is stemming from hate, cause honestly, I like this album! I think this album have songs that represent ladies of all types, 

P is for Power: You can take this differently, you can imagine this is the song for Golddiggers, or independent women who hold their “P” on a pedestal. I’ll take the latter!

W.F.Y: “Boy you like a Michael, you can really BEAT IT!” if that lyric doesn’t say enough, I don’t know what to tell you! When you figure out what WFY stands for, you’ll know for a fact that these are some CLASSY LADIES!

On Point: HOODRAT THEMESONG! Imagine, long nails done by Koreans, blond lace front blowin in the wind, listening to this in her Candy Apple Chevy! Girl!! (And that's not The-Dream singing, I thought it was him at first too! Eek!)

Friend Lover: For the girl’s who have friend’s with benefits!

Drink in My Cup: Hoochies in the club will go ABSOLUTELY crazy when this song comes on! With outfits fresh from Rave, Rainbow, and Level X, I could only IMAGINE what Club Aquarium looks like when this song comes on!

Kill Bill: The song that plays in between Mya’s “Ridin’” some Crime Mob’s “Knuck If You Buck”

I don’t wanna spoil the whole album for you, but as you can see, a li’l bit for the Classy Ladies, Hoochies, Hoodrats, Goldiggers, and Hoes! WIDE VARIETY!!!

 

Now, if I imagine a better singing group, say Danity Kane like a friend of mine said, I think this album would go Silver, probably even Gold. But since this is a group of very talented video chicks (that is a tough job, I forgive them for not being able to sing), their singing abilities fall short. 

But where their singing sucks, their personality makes up for!!! Check out their youtube videos!

 

Singing Vanity 6, the 80s version of them!

Having fun on the Elevator..?

…Um

Honestly, I like the album, great to dance to, sing along with. The perfect independent lady album for the summer time.  And them being Video Ho… I MEAN, Background dancers and supporting actresses of urban music videos doesn’t take away from talent, it adds to!!! I'm sure if The-Dream gave them the number of his vocal coach (On second thought, maybe not his), I think this album has a better shot. 

HONEST RATING: C-, better vocals, solid B

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous says

    BWAHAHAHAHAH you are the BEST write ever. wow. ive never felt the urge or desire to read until now. whoever you are, someone should really give you a contract...


    Naima says

    lol, i've been trying to tell ppl this for the lonnnngest!


    MrD0ubleO says

    Don't boost up her(Naima) ego plzzzz lol but about Electrik Red all they are is The-Dream sex toys when Christina is gone


    soulalamode says

    look at my boo doing her thang!
    you actually made me want to give this album a second listen
    cause the first time, i definitely wasn't feelin' it!


Post a Comment